Code of Ethics
The purpose of the BC Family Hearing Resource Society code of ethics is to establish and maintain standards that are professionally and ethically exemplary. In addition, our staff also abides by the code of ethics of their respective professional organizations.
Note: The word “client” is used to refer to parents, children, and community service providers.
- We are committed to doing our very best for the families & children we serve and to provide services in an understanding, supportive, and caring environment.
- We work in partnership with families, using a family-centered approach in all that we do.
- We respect the dignity and worth of the client and view each individual as being unique and valuable.
- We recognize and respect the cultural context (e.g. religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, socioeconomic class) of the client.
- We respect our client’s rights to confidentiality and privacy.
- We ensure that honesty, fairness and trustworthiness are the foundation for our interactions and work.
- We develop relationships with individuals that are respectful, based on mutual trust, and maintain professional boundaries.
- We use teaching and therapy methods and services that are based on the medical and developmental history of the child and circumstances of the family, and considered to be the “best current practice” by professionals.
- We strive to uphold the highest levels of professional competence in our work and we recognize the importance of ongoing professional development to maintain excellent services.
- We provide families with complete and unbiased information so that they can make choices and decisions appropriate for their own child and family.
- We believe in children’s safety and will abide by standard practice for reporting any situation in which children may be at risk for abuse, neglect, or harm.
- We do our best to ensure the safety of our staff, clients, and volunteers while they are involved in the BC Family Hearing Resource Society activities.
- We work collaboratively with other community service providers.
- We maintain and promote a professional attitude and positive image while representing the BC Family Hearing Resource Society.We will adhere to and work towards the vision and mission of the BC Family Hearing Resource Society with all marketing activities.